Sunday, November 16, 2008

You can never have enough gear.

Ran an easy 2.1 miles today at 9:00 pace. This is the longest loop I can run in my neighborhood without risking life and limb on the road into my neighborhood. Still fighting the same nagging aches and pains but nothing serious. 17.1 for the week, new PR. Next week is an important week for keeping the mileage up. The week after is Thanksgiving and some vacation days. The week after that is a trip to the far east. Not good for someone who needs structure.

I took Phat Runner's advice and added some shoes to the collection. One extra road pair and a trail pair. Plan is to run the golf course (~5 miles) on weekends once it closes. You can never have enough gear! I'm keeping Marathon Sports in business.

Question: for those of you who run longer distances, at what distance do you carry water and/or other nourishment?

5 comments:

VT Runner said...

As a general rule, if I'm out longer than 1 hour, I'll bring the water and a snack. Usually won't eat the snack, but I do hydrate.

I also "need" more shoes. I'm glad.

Congrat's on the PR for the week!

Steve DiMattia said...

I've read that anything over an hour requires food and water.

Agricola said...

I agree on the hour. If I go further than 7 miles I bring water and a snack. I only usually eat on 10s though. I'd like more shoes too, but probably won't right now.

I never wear sneakers around, to be honest so I don't worry about ruining my running kicks kicking around.

Good job on the PR!

Bennu Runner said...

Thanks for the feedback. I was thinking an hour was about right as well. I'll probably start taking something with me on my 7+ runs.

Bennu Runner said...

Thanks for the feedback. I was thinking an hour was about right as well. I'll probably start taking something with me on my 7+ runs.