Friday, November 21, 2008

Tough Week

No posts for two days! That's a record for this crowd, lately. This is a tough time for me. I always find the weeks immediately before Thanksgiving are super busy, as if clients are startng to clear the decks for holidays and year-end. I haven't run since Sunday, shanghai-d by preparations for a trip to Tampa, and the trip itself. The trip was very positive and may lead to a super exciting opportunity, but I've had few cracks to fill, ala Agricola. When I was a kid we had a family friend, a carpenter, who used to say you gotta give something to get something, sometimes.

I'm slammed today and my local industry's big annual affair is tonight. I aim to go light on the booze and hit the road tomorrow morning. We'll be upstate most of next week so I hope to be firmly back on plan by Thanksgiving. Looking forward to posting, and to seeing yours, too.

Peace,

3 comments:

Bennu Runner said...

It's all about priorities. The rest might be a good thing and set you up for a good training month in December.

Steve DiMattia said...

I missed two planned runs this week, both 5ks, not the end of the world. Still plenty of running to do before the Dec 13 race. And must say my piriformis muscle hasn't felt this good in a long time. Way to go to you re: recent post.

Agricola said...

The pace really picks this time of year, it gets tricky.

I'm working on attaining reps right now, 3-4 times/wk go when I can, you know, keep working, but don't stress. it's supposed to be fun. I hope you get in a good one this weekend. Enjoy.