Saturday, November 22, 2008

Dusk Run

I bailed early from work and headed out of town on the 3:05 train. I was on the road by 4:15 as the sun began to plummet below the horizon. The sky was beautiful, blazing orange and pink. The air was cold and moderately breezy, a beautiful evening for a run. I did stroller route without the stroller and added on some distance to so it most likely took me over five miles. I came back ten seconds quicker than I went out and everything felt really good over the course of my 43 minutes.

I passed a guy on the way out, near my turn-around, waved to him and kept going. I caught him again about 1.5 miles later. I slowed a bit, said how are you, thinking I'd engage him in a chat about the beautiful wintry night, and the great running weather . . . and he didn't even respond. He probably thought I was showing him up but I wasn't. I didn't realize it was the same guy I'd seen earlier until I was a couple hundred yards behind him. So, when he was rude, I revved it back up and did blow him away. This was a great run, from beginning to end. I'm hoping I can get one in today, but we're having a party for C2 this evening so that might keep me busy.

1 comment:

VT Runner said...

Way to put the hammer down. Love it.