Monday, November 17, 2008

Good Start

I had a good start to my running week yesterday and did 5.2 in 42:24. I went post church, like FA, and it was a breezy, chilly, windy day. Clouds scudded in and clouds blew away. As I finished my run it looked very November. There were many stretches with a stiff headwind and quite a few with a good cross wind that would buffet me in between houses or at intersections. It's pretty amazing how much a headwind can add to the work level -- there was one big gust that almost stopped me in my tracks and slowed me way down, and the road was flat. It was cool in a torturous way. I felt really good near the end. I caught one of those moments where running feels like gliding, the sound of your breath and your feet on the road disappear and you're just in the zone. I'm hopeful that I'm coming out of my down-cycle. Let's see what I do the rest of the week.
Sunday was a good start.

3 comments:

Bennu Runner said...

I can attest to the wind yesterday. Glad I was only running 2. If you're enjoying challenging weather running, you're definitely on the up swing!

VT Runner said...

Solid post. Like running in a headwind, I could feel the progression.

VT Runner said...

Solid post. Like running in a headwind, I could feel the progression.