Tuesday, November 11, 2008

100 Miles

Today's 3 miles pushed me over the 100 mile (36 run) mark since I started. Easy run today as I hope to run harder tomorrow, 4th day in a row. Ankle was much better, but the hammy was still tight. Hopefully it is related to compensating for the ankle and will improve as the ankle does. Only ran at 9:30 pace. However, HR avg and max where the lowest they've ever been for any distance or pace. Gonna keep it slow for a while until completely healthy again. As Agricola has advised...just building the base. Shooting for 18 miles this week and 20 next. Plan is to range between 15 and 20 through the end of the year.

3 comments:

Agricola said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Agricola said...

Good for you man! I'm living vicariously through you and the other guys on the blog. Keep up the good work.

I'm in an infant precipitated slump. Running was easier when C3 was 1-4 weeks old, it's harder now that he's 4+ wks. and more alert, active & awake . . . I feel guilty leaving in the AM . . . I need to get over it, but also need to suck it up and deal with the broken sleep pattern. Just working through it and adjusting mentally and emotionally -- the physical will take care of itself.

Keep going, i need all of your examples right now, and I don't want to get left behind so I'll get there.

VT Runner said...

BR, Congrat's on the big milestone.

Agricola, good to see the positive attitude in the last line. You'll get there no sweat, and you'll know when the time is right.