Monday, November 3, 2008

Run 46, Shorty

Went for a shorty with my shorty Saturday night. Mrs. FA and I ran the resevoir from our apartment. I was only our sixth, or thereabouts, run together during this whole endeavor, and it set us up for a great post-run dinner at a favorite restaurant near Columbus Circle.

I had not run since the CCM, to see if a week of rest would calm the piriformis (there's that word again...). Not sure yet if it the week off did the job. I had some mild post-run soreness, but no pain. I did 90 minutes in the car yesterday, where it ususally is most uncomfortable. Time will tell, and I will report.

Mrs. FA and I also got to mile 23 of the NYC Marathon yesterday in time for the elite women, and stuck around for the bulk of the field. It was a beautiful day, cold and clear. 39,000 runners! Fantastic.

3 comments:

Agricola said...

totally, cool. What a spectacle -- it's a fantastic race!

It was 72 F when I did mine, I was hoping for 40 . . . 40 seems a good marathon temperature.

VT Runner said...

No more piriformis jokes from me. It's a good word to know. Much better than saying, "it hurts kind of under my ass."

Cool that you saw the NYC Marathon. I'd like to catch it one day.

Bennu Runner said...

I was reading some news on the NYC Marathon when I came across this.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/04/sports/othersports/04marathon.html?_r=1&ref=othersports&oref=slogin

Definitely going to pay more attention to the HR zones.