Thursday, November 6, 2008

Strollering In The Rain

The kids and I laid out their stuff last night -- blanket, jacket, animal buddy, slippers. My stuff was organized and hanging in the cellar stairwell. C2 and I were up around 5:30, helping Mrs. A with C3. I awoke C1 and she climbed right out of bed. I put the stroller together once the kids were up, grabbed them each a mini bagel and hit the road at 6:35. We ran for 40:26 over 4.78 miles and came back quicker than we went out, though I walked a bit near the end because I was gassed. It was a dreary day and I might not have gone had I not promised both kids that I'd take them. It rained on us quite hard in the last mile and I passed a woman runner and we smiled at each other and commented on the lousy weather. The kids were good, by and large, but I did have to stop twice in the last mile to separate them. They are good for about 34 minutes in the stroller and after that it becomes a bit nutty. It was a great run and I'm ecstatic that they both want to go with me. This is a good thing.

2 comments:

Steve DiMattia said...

The thing about making promises to children....you HAVE to keep them...

Agricola said...

TOTALLY!