Sunday, November 30, 2008

Sunday morning run

Mrs. VTR woke me up at 6:16am for my 6:30am run this morning. For some reason, my 15 year old alarm clock didn't go off. I thought about bagging it until 6:20, then got out of bed, got dressed, grabbed a banana and some water and was out the door by 6:24. Luckily, the run starting point was only 5 minutes drive from my house.

We did a killer loop that started with flats, moved into a solid mile downhill, and finished with a tough mile uphill. Took us about an hour 20 minutes. The distance was somewhere in the neighborhood of 9 miles. There were 4 of us on the run.

It was a great way to start the day and finish the long holiday weekend. (Better finish than the Pats had.)

1 comment:

Agricola said...

Sounds like fun. I need some real world running buddies. Bennu? PR? Any interest in a Sunday run sometime this month or next, maybe get together once/month and do a long run together?