Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Changing Gears

I still haven't run since the CCM, but I'm getting a glimmer of desire to hit the roads again. I'm thinking it will happen next week.

In the meantime, I've fallen into a heavy hockey schedule. I played Monday night at 9:00, Tuesday at noon, and I just got invited to play tomorrow at lunch. I'm hoping to settle in to a Mon night/Thurs lunch rotation, so I was psyched to get the invitation for tomorrow's skate. It's pretty cool interspersing a team sport with the running. You'd think there'd be more intense comraderie in a team-based setting, but the connections I'm forming on ice are similar to those I've formed with fellow runners. It's all about creating space to share similar experiences and passions.

Anyway, on the training front, I'll be interested to see how the extra sessions impact my fitness on the ice and on the road.

Later boys.

1 comment:

Agricola said...

Variety is the spice of life!