Monday, November 24, 2008

Whack-A-Muscle

Managed to get a 2 mile stroller run late yesterday at dusk. It seems my short and slow Sunday runs are some of the more laborious. Not sure why. Spent most of the day getting the rink ready, but nothing too strenuous. 19 miles for the week is a new high. My average pace for the week was also a good 20 seconds faster than my previous best.

Today's early morning run was hard. Legs felt dead and the HR felt higher. In the end, I knocked 20 seconds of my best time for the route and my avg HR was down 3. Total was 4.5 in 40:06. I'm thinking the late run yesterday didn't allow for enough recovery time. Hopefully I feel better tomorrow. This week is my long week (every 3rd week) and. Need to get it in as international travel next week is going to limit the number and length of my runs...but it will be warmer!

It seems like I have to ice something everyday, just not the same muscle/joint two days in a row. It's like whack-a-mole on my legs. One day its the ankle, next day the shin, then back to the ankle.... Mainly just soreness that I'm being proactive on.

4 comments:

Agricola said...

Nice Job.

the morning run after and afternoon run is tricky. I find myself working into cycles -- afternoon runs breed afternoon runs and morning runs breed morning runs, unless you take a day off to recalibrate.

Way to go on the PR.

VT Runner said...

I have a feeling the forced time of during travel might do the body good.

You have a rink?

Bennu Runner said...

Agree on the travel induced rest. Just hoping I can keep it going until then.

I've built a rink the last two years. Learned a lot. Hoping to put it all together this year with a 20x40 rink.

Steve DiMattia said...

Rink?