Monday, November 17, 2008

There are signs...

Oversleeping today resulted in a late 7:00 start. Its much harder to run during this hour as I have to dodge cars, delivery trucks, pedestrians, etc. PITA. My goal was to run my 4.5 mile Boston Common route at 9:00 pace. I've been running easy for the last couple of weeks and had an itch to run faster/harder. My recovery from last Friday's long run was much shorter and contributed to my desire to get out there. Ended up running 40:22/8:58 pace...PR for the route by almost 2 minutes. I was quite pleased with myself for a few reasons.

  1. Hit my target time on the nose despite having to run around obstacles.
  2. Maintained the same split times during the hill segments (splits were 8:59, 8:59, 8:57, 8:58, 4:29)
  3. No issues with the hamstrings. Ankle only a little sore
  4. Hucked a lungy a good 15 feet mid stride!

All good signs that I'm starting to get my legs back. Hopefully tomorrow morning doesn't bring any new aches and pains.

5 comments:

Steve DiMattia said...

Sweet distance on the lugey. And what is PITA? You had to dodge flatbreads? Sounds like a great run. You must feel fantastic today.

Bennu Runner said...

Pain In The Ass!

Steve DiMattia said...

Ah. PITA. Of course.

Got to say, I stared blankly at your response for a good 8 secs asking myself, why is he calling me a pain in the ass?

Bennu Runner said...

Too funny!

VT Runner said...

Ditto FA's comment. Thought it was the VT getting to me. Glad to know I'm in good, smaht company.