Thursday, November 6, 2008

Still out here running

So after the CCM, I felt a little sore, but hit the treadmill for a Monday and Wednesday 3.5 to 4 mile run. By the end of the week I was wiped and my left leg was bothering me on the quad muscle where it attaches to the knee on the inside of the leg. Its like a twinge and it is just plain uncomfortable.

Last Saturday, I hit the road for a 4.4 miler and was running well, when that twinge hit with less than a mile left. I walked it off and I was pretty upset. Once you gear up for a run, you want to complete it. Anyways, a bit dissatisfied with that performance, I took the next two days off and then hit the road on Monday for the same 4.4. Another twinge, but I was able to run through it and I felt decent afterwards as I ran faster coming home then I did going out.

Last night was the kicker though. Went out around 8:40 for a little over 3.7 miles and I just jammed with another buddy of mine. We discussed the election the entire way and then near the end, with a little over two minutes to go, I just took the pace up and felt awesome. I really feel like the lungs and legs are working together and I am probably hitting my runner's stride. Very exciting and I look forward to seeing the splits drop.

BTW - I am starting up P90X at the end of the month if any of you really want to crank up your workouts. 2nd time through and I am just letting my shoulder heal up.

1 comment:

Agricola said...

Way to keep at it. Great to hear about your progress and that you're feeling so good!

I had similar twinges in my knee/quad when training for VTCM last year. Rest and ice helped, and so did giving it some massage. It's probably a fatigue thing and rubbing out the muscle can help coupled with ice & rest.