Friday, November 21, 2008

Mid run brain cramp

Still keeping to the plan. Ran my Esplanade 7.5 mile route today at 9:20 pace. This is the best pace I've had on an run greater than 4.5 miles...and it wasn't a hard run at all. I still freak out a bit during the 3-4.5 mile stretch. I start noticing aches and pains, questioning if I'm being too aggressive on the pace or distance, yadda yadda yadda. Once I hit 5, no pain, good pace, bounce in my step. I had negative splits from mile 4 all the way in. I'm going to have to get past this if I'm ever going to run a marathon. All in all, it was a good run.
Tomorrow's supposed to be a cross training day. I've yet to get off my ass on a Saturday. Might try a short trail run behind my house depending on how I feel.

Question: Anyone use a Garmin 405? Know someone who has? Had a casualty today, my HRM belt. Snapped the clasp before the run. I'm now suffering from data deprivation.

2 comments:

Agricola said...

Way to go getting in that kind of mileage on a weekday. I think I'm going to bail a bit early and get in a run.

I've never used a GPS device.

VT Runner said...

You sound great. Seems like you've really turned a corner in the running. We've been able to watch you go from trusting the plan so that eventually you'll have fun and see results to actually having fun. It's very cool.

I'm not a data head when it comes to running, so can't help you out there.

Have a good weekend.