Sunday, November 16, 2008

Run 50, 5-miler

Our church in Port Henry is five miles from home. So I ran home after church. I had never run five miles and wanted to push past that barrier. The route loses elevation overall; it is mainly long gradual downhill stretches with flats here and there and a few, very short climbs, and my right ankle hurt real good in the last mile. I ran it in 45.10.

It was a good morning for a run. Temps in the 40s, breezy, slightly overcast. There are a few points along the route where you can look down on Champlain. I stuck around after mass to stretch behind the pews. I like very much being alone in a Church, and it set my head before the run.

I feel that I should remark on run 50. There it is.

Peace, fellas.

2 comments:

VT Runner said...

Church then run. There's something there linking the two, but I'm not feeling eloquent enough to get at it.

Congrat's on run 50. A five miler is a nice milestone.

Agricola said...

Five on fifty. Way to go! and a nice time to boot -- 9:02/mile by my calculation.

It's all spiritual -- two forms of communion on a Sunday, Both wrapped in the finite, but both linking us with the infinite and the timeless
. . . or something like that!