Friday, November 7, 2008

Run 48

Nothing remarkable to report. It was a typical 5k run around the resevoir. I did slow to a walk for a few minutes. I had reached my wit's end, trying to leap over or skirt around the innumerable puddles on the track. It rained off and on again all day.

After a bit of that I threw caution (and dry feet) to the side and just ran through the damn puddles. Harumph. Finished in 32.20.

There's a reindeer run the first weekend of December, in Schroon Lake, 20 mins from PH. I'll post the details once I find them.

3 comments:

Agricola said...

It's weather like we've got now that makes me wish I had a second pair of shoes to run in, though modern running shoes dry out pretty quickly now.

The first half of your run was a steeplechase -- juming over water hazards -- the second was a puddle stomp.

PhatRunner said...

Running in the rain is always fun. Avoiding the puddles can be great plyometric work as you move from side to side to avoid potential wet socks. Also, it changes up things nicely.

Second pair of shoes make a huge difference and I have been using a set for the past couple of years. Also, buy a pair of cross trainers for those days you need a sneaker, but don't want to compress your nice running sneakers. Three pairs of sneakers sounds like a lot, but your feet and legs will thank you.

Bennu Runner said...

Carefull running through the puddles. They hide rocks, branches and pot holes. I've seen many an ankle turned running through them in my previous running life.