Monday, November 10, 2008

Pushing through the pain...

Followed the plan yesterday with an easy 2. Pushed C1 for the first mile and C2 on the second. C1 also rode her bike for mile 2 which dropped the pace down. It was great to get out with them on the road and a good test for longer runs in the future. My program has Saturdays as an off day and Sunday as a short easy run before a "sort of long run" on Mondays. I'm going to try to alternate the kids every other week but may have to get a dual stroller to avoid juvenile conflict.

Today's run was the 4.5 Common route. Late start today at 6:45 meant heavy pedestrian traffic to dodge. Kept it easy, but not too easy for me, at 9:30 pace. I'm more concerned with the mileage than the time...at least thorough the end of the year. Left hammy was still tight. However, the left ankle is more troublesome. Still can't figure out if its the ankle or shin splints. Hopefully an easy pace / ice regimen will be enough to cure it. Otherwise I feel great. Last week's total of 16 is a PR.

1 comment:

Agricola said...

Good for you. it's fun to run with kids, isn't it? I like the kid bikes, dad runs and want to try that next year once I get C1 off of her training wheels.