Monday, November 17, 2008

Sunday 8

I met up with the early morning running crew again this Sunday at 6:30AM for 8 or so miles of impressive hills. It's the first weekend of full-on hunting season, so we had to stay on the roads, which were empty so no biggy. We saw some deer in a clearing, and said our good-byes. They're probably hanging in someone's garage by now. (Just kidding...kind of. I'm entertaining myself here.)

Anyway, the run was uneventful, except for the fact that it covered a loop I've known about for some time but never done. The hills always kept me away. Running with a group got me out there at least once. Checked it off. No need to do it alone.

Hockey tonight. I'm digging the cross-training season.

Later boys. Loving the dialogue here.

3 comments:

Steve DiMattia said...

The little FAs and I went to Walmart last Sat, there was a deer in the back of a guy's pickup, in the parking lot. We all stopped and looked at it. The kids didn't flinch, which surprised me a little. We've never spoken against hunting in our house, not being against hunting, and we know a fair number of hunters. It was just a curious thing to look at, the dead deer.

Agricola said...

If you want to make running in full on hunting season REALLY exciting, put on a fur coat and don some antlers. The adrenaline rush is awesome!

I want a shotgun but Mrs. A is abrogating my second amendment rights. She actually supersedes the constitution in our house, which is understandable and a pretty good recipe for marital bliss, but I'm working on it. Shooting is a life skill that everybody should master.

Steve DiMattia said...

I have been thinking about a shotgun for PH. Mrs. FA exercises the same supra-constitutional powers, strangely. There must by a secret 28th amendment re: wives.