Monday, September 29, 2008

Workaday Run

Sometimes, sitting at work, unallocated, has its advantages. In a lull in my already lulling day, I stepped out for 40 minutes. I ran down Dartmouth, through Copley Square, to Storrow Drive and over a pedestrian bridge to the Charles River. I headed west along the Charles for 14 minutes or so. I made it past the BU sailing pavilion and turned around at a point where the scenery got sort of minimal -- close to Storrow, weedy trees to my right, just about across from the train yard under the Mass Pike.

The run was pretty uneventful until I decided to cross Storrow at the Kenmore on/off ramp area.
That was a little hairy, and I only caused one fender bender when somebody stopped short and the guy behind rammed him. Just kidding, I ran a straight out and back. The out was 20:11 and the back was 20:06, for a pretty even pace. The temp was nice, the pathways were quiet. One more meeting and homeward bound. My Body Glide is on its last legs, so I'll need to replace that.

2 comments:

VT Runner said...

You're creating and exciting, alternate reality right here on the blog. I'd say it's time for a new project.

(This coming from a guy who didn't work for almost 6 months.)

Agricola said...

Exciting alternate reality, right . . . My route was somewhere between 5 and 5.4 miles -- not exactly sure where I turned around.

I went home last night and painted for about 2.5 hours to add to my day. Needless to say I took today off. Back at it tomorrow, though I'll be doing more painting tonight.