Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Pre-prandial

I got out today for a pre-prandial trot. I finished a little presentation I am working on for an internal project and shot it out to my team in an email at 5 PM that basically said of "check it out, feel free to comment/edit, we'll talk tomorrow, I'm going running. . . " I did my 5.2 mile route for the first time in a long time. I've had a mental block about going out for 5 for some reason and am glad that I got over it and got out today.  You'd think the 10K of a week ago would have helped, but there was something about running this route that was holding me back, not sure what, but I did it.

It took about 3 miles to get comfortable and find my rhythm but once I did it was smooth sailing.  I was disociating a lot for the first half, thinking about work etc. and not focusing on what I was doing. Once I embraced the run it fell into place and I finished strong and felt quick -- 41:21.9. The weather was perfect for running, dry and cool and the late day sunlight was gorgeous. I'm having some allergy thing right now (pretty typical at this time of year) with lots of PND and my chest is a bit constricted but nothing to keep me off of the roads.

1 comment:

VT Runner said...

Had to look up "prandial" on webster's. Good word. For the rest of you guys, it means meal.

You're welcome.

(Or am I the only dumb one...
no need to answer that one BR)