Wednesday, September 24, 2008

San Francisco Run, #32

Hit the town tonight in San Francisco for a big run. I covered 4.4 miles in 45 minutes. It was a good 10 minutes and 1.5 miles longer than anything I've done so far. I took some Alleve, and am feelin' good.

I ran from my hotel near Union Square Park down Post to Market all the way to the Embarcadero, under the Oakland Bay Bridge, past AT&T Stadium (the Giants were playing...), then up 4th back to Market, and a zig-zag back to my hotel.

It was pretty cool to be out in a different place, with no real plan or route in mind. I just wanted to run for more than 30 minutes and headed off into the quadrant of the city I know best. Traffic forced me to stop and wait a bunch, but it forced me to look around more, too.

I'll be here through Friday afternoon. Resting tomorrow, and aiming to get out again Friday morning.

1 comment:

Agricola said...

Cool. Nice job on going beyond your comfort zone, well done. I'm sure you'll recover nicely. I love running in new places, or at least places that are out of our usual routines.