Saturday, September 27, 2008

Home town run

Breezed into the home town for 15 hours over last weekend and managed to get in a 12.3 mile run (just gmapped it). Felt pretty good, but man was the air thick with humidity this morning. I was drenched with sweat by about 20 minutes in. The run took 1 hour 44 minutes for an 8:27 pace.

I'm dealing with one minor issue that I haven't faced before -- a blister on my big toe on the side/bottom where it rubs the next toe. The thing has been around for a week without popping, and it finally started to hurt half way through this run. It has spread a bit by the time I was done, so Mrs. VTR did some minor surgery to pop, drain, clean and cover it. I'm hoping that does the trick. It's more of a nuisance really, but I thought I'd share.

Looking to maybe do a shorter run tomorrow and then it's right back into the morning deal.

Later boys.

3 comments:

Steve DiMattia said...

I am firmly in the "pop and drain" camp when it comes to blisters, the earlier the better. When backpacking, I put duct tape on my feet in the spots I know typically blister, before hitting the trail...it reduces the friction.

Bennu Runner said...

Is there anyting duct tape doesn't fix? I should have put it on the hammy.

Agricola said...

My mther the retired physician however says don't pop and drain. The bed of a blister is ripe for infection I guess.

I actually tape over blister when they hapen and let them pop on their own, or better yet reabsorb.