Friday, September 19, 2008

Run 29 et al

Had a great one last night. Temps in the 60s, clear skies, beautiful skyline. I ran my usual loop, hills and all, and felt good and strong the whole way. Not much more to say. I did pay more attention to my time along different segments of the route, and now think it is a half-mile longer than I thought previously. That would make it ~3.5 miles, and I ran it in 31 minutes flat.

Happy happy happy to have some cooler weather, and some new gear to shop for, long pants, windbreakers, et al. Putting on a new pair of running socks last night, I felt like Homer Simpson with a crispy creme. (Mmmmm.....wigwams......)

5 comments:

Agricola said...

nice post, nice job on the run -- use the gmaps pedometer or map my run links on this blog to get an accurate read on your route.

I was thinking about new gear this year, but am going to try and eke another year out my jacket -- I've got a patagonia jacket that is just the bomb and I've been wearing it since my first winter. It's wearing out in the lining at the base of my neck but it breathes beautifully, blocks the wind, wicks amazingly, still -- though NOT water proof. Patagonia also makes my favorite pair of tights that I have as well. I highly recommend their gear. One thing I might buy is some more waterproof gear pants and a jacket it would be useful. more socks are also needed -- I couldn't find my running socks this week and had to run in cotton. Not issues at all I just don't like them, not snug enough.

VT Runner said...

Love the patagonia stuff for running. I've been wearing their sport boxer briefs to cut out chafing, and their awesome. I wear them under shorts and sweats. They keep the boys in check, warm and eliminate chafe. Comfy.

(Thought about whether this post was too much info, but this is a running blog, and these shorts have become one of my best running accessories. Check them out.)

Steve DiMattia said...

I think we exceeded 'too much info' on this blog a long time ago, with refs to chunky burps, yayas, crushed beeries, et al. Happy to hear that your boys are snug and warm.

Agricola said...

I've got some Kombi and some Hot Chillies long unduds. I prefer the chillies, the kombis do chafe though body glide has changed the world for me. I wear some shorts I found on a biking site with a wind shield to cover the boys -- they are breathable, wicking material and the wind shiled has prevented frozen ya-yas which has happened to me once.

Steve DiMattia said...

Used gmaps pedometer on my route, 5k on the nose.