Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Board Shorts

I got out to the pond for an end of summer swim and did my customary 450 yards.  It had been about a week since I last swam so I don't know whether or not to attribute the labor involved in this 15 minute swim to that or to the fact that I was wearing board shorts.  I'm going to go with the latter and make a note to myself no to wear board shorts this coming Sunday.

I'm going to a workout this evening in which we string all three disciplines together . . . wish I'd done that bike- run brick this weekend so I know what to expect . . . oh well, let it fly!

3 comments:

VT Runner said...

Board shorts are like a parachute. Swimming's tough enough without the added resistance. You should go for a speedo for the race. Definitely, definitely. Oh, and take a picture. I'd pay money for that shot.

Good luck on the swim/bike/run outing tonight. You'll have fun. Makes you feel strong!

Agricola said...

Not so sure about the speedo . . . gonna go with my Nike running shorts -- no pockets, not my largest pair of shorts, very minimal drag I think and then I can just go with only the addition of a shirt at the transition. I'll let you know how it goes.

Speedo . . . I was thinking about it, not sure the world is ready for that, I know I'm not!

VT Runner said...

I hear you. I couldn't do it, although I did don the speedo for tri's back in the late 90's. I wore it for the swim, bike and run. Not pretty...and not that fast either. Go figure.