Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Chicken run


So, I spent most of Sunday doing a minor construction project. Had to run back and forth from the work site to the garage a bunch of times, lifted heavy wood, etc. I guess you could call it exercise, but really that's just an excuse to post a picture of our chicken coop, which is finally done and inhabited by three chickens.

We got our first egg this morning. Thanks for indulging me. I'll keep to the real training next time...or maybe I need to start a homestead blog like 1/4 Acre.

On the running front, the plan is to do a moderately long one tomorrow morning. Leaf Peepers half marathon is on Saturday, and I'm contemplating doing 6.5 prior to the race to get in a 20 miler before the marathon. Big week, and I'm feeling the stress of under-preparation.

2 comments:

Steve DiMattia said...

How did the egg taste?

Agricola said...

I've seen the coop via snapfish, pretty cool but chickens sorta gross me out . . .

Anyway, I think the work post is fine. I did much moving of stuff and painting this week and my quads are actually sore from lugging things around. Painting for a 90 mins to 2.5 hours after work is tiring and you use some different muscles squatting and bending and what not. I mean, you could never just paint rooms or build coops and then set a marathon PR, but I don't think it hurts either.

While it's not the same as running fitness, manual labor is still great cross training, I think.