Thursday, October 2, 2008

Hookey Run

So, I was sitting around work yesterday, doing nothing (should I be getting worried?) and decided to bail. I headed home and went for a run after fueling up on some pretzels and peanuts. I was starving for some reason. I definitely did not have it yesterday -- everything felt leaden and slow.

I took a brief turn to do my 5 mile route but decided against it. I opted for my 4 mile route instead. I worked hard on just running a moderate pace and felt pretty good in the last mile. Overall though, this was sort of a tough run physically and mentally but I'm glad that I got out. I also found an iPod shuffle that I need to see if it works. It seems to, but I'm a bit hesitant to plug it in for fear that it's holding nasty viruses to bring down the financial system by turning my machine into a zombie . . . oh, that's already happening, guess the iPod is not a messenger of ruin.

On another front I was toodling around Twitter last week and came across an interview in which the guy was talking about the 100 Push-ups program. I think I'm going to give it a go. Is anybody else interested? I'll probably start it within the next week or so -- depending on the arrival of Child Three, who is resisting entering our world as of this morning

6 comments:

Bennu Runner said...

I'm in! Let me know when you want to start. I'll probably do the test tomorrow. Start on Monday?

Bennu Runner said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Steve DiMattia said...

So, we're on baby alert now. Exciting.

Agricola said...

Definitely on alert! Sunday is the day, unless baby comes earlier!

Bennu, I'll do the test tomorrow pending hospital trips. I might delay the start one week to adapt to the new world order, but maybe I'll have time/energy while on paternity to bang out a few push ups!

PhatRunner said...

I am in and good luck with the baby watch. In for the pasta feed as well.....

VT Runner said...

Good luck on the baby watch. Can't wait to meet AG#3!