Friday, October 24, 2008

Stay Frosty

My morning started at 5 AM when Child Two came into our room with a chill, and Child Three started nicking for his feeding. I had planned on running today and when I couldn't C2 back to bed and his volume kept rising I figured I'd take him with me. It took nearly an hour to get him ready and motivated -- mainly about using the potty before departing. We did our downtown route (4.75 miles) in just under 40 minutes.

With all of the preamble resolved I bundled him up and off we went. He was totally fascinated that we were running in the dark (it had been darker about 20 minutes before we departed with a sky full of stars. I've been having major issues getting out these mornings because it's DARK. Initially, everything was covered in frost and it lent a ghostly air to everything-- it was amazing. It got prettier though as the sun came up and the sky lightened. The trees started blazing and the frost was sparkling. When we got home C2 told Mrs. A that "we ran in the dark and then the sun came up!"

No comments: