Monday, October 13, 2008

Run 39

It was a bike ride, not a run. It was my second workout of the weekend. It was blissfully easy. I had practically no muscle fatique in the legs, even after a few climbs up the Great Hill. This is a powerful endorsement for running.

If you care about distance and speed, don't ride in the Park on a beautiful Sunday afternoon. The top half of the loop is manageable, lots of cyclists and runners, serious about what they are doing. The bottom half is a disaster of tourists and pedestrians. It's inhospitable for the cyclist. But I've complained about this before.

The result was 13.3 miles in 55 minutes. My average speed was 14.4 mph.

6 comments:

Agricola said...

A workout is a workout, whether it's riding, running or splitting wood in a blue cardigan vest . . .

Steve DiMattia said...

Right. Let's see how long it takes me to live down the sweater vest. Jeez.

Agricola said...

hahaha . . . it's all forgotten for now, you took my barbs well.

Steve DiMattia said...

Wait, I might run the CCM in that sweater.

Agricola said...

I was thinking of throwing that in as one last parting shot, but decided to let sleeping cardigans lie. That could be a team name some year, blue cardigan vests . . .

IS it grungey nirvana-esque or pressed, that makes a big difference.

Steve DiMattia said...

It leans towards grungy. Certainly not pressed. It has shrunk, and only reaches the belly button. (This keeps getting better and better.)