Sunday, October 12, 2008

Run 38

I was totally out of gas yesterday afternoon, after a hard work week and an afternoon of chasing kids around the Botanical Gardens. I settled onto the couch around 5:00pm, but Ms. FreeArtist became super obnoxious about my slothfulness and drove me out onto the road. God bless her.

I extended my resevoir loop by a bit less than a mile for a 4 mile total. I stopped 2x, to stretch my hip. The piriformis pain is troubling me. It is moderate, but persistant, and has migrated from occurring only when I sit for a long time to mild occurences while I run. I've done some reading and this isn't a big deal, so I'm aiming to get through the CCM and then address it.

If you have been following my count, (this is run no. 38) I was hoping to make the CCM #50, but I can't get 11 runs in before then. I have a bike ride planned for this afternoon, and will be in Seattle Tuesday and Wednesday, where I am planning to run along the Puget Sound. More later.

4 comments:

PhatRunner said...

Keep up the hard work. #38 or or #50, it doesn't matter the number. The fact is you are running and putting in the miles and time to improve. Keep on trucking.

Steve DiMattia said...

Thanks, man. Ms. FA and I are looking forward to seeing you.

VT Runner said...

Way to stick with it. Nice job. Can't wait to see the results in a couple of weeks.

Let me know what you find out about the priformis situation. It turns out I have the same thing. Tends to really act up while driving. Like you said, not a huge thing, just uncomfortable. I have a feeling it's a result of my not stretching, but I'd like to poach off your research. (this from the guy who made fun of you for using the word priformis on the blog)

Steve DiMattia said...

Yes! Driving is when it bothers me most. And long plane trips. Wil let you know what I uncover.