Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Better

I got out this AM at about 7:15 -- much later than usual but I got on a late train and rolled into the office at 10:15. I'm still on the beach . . . good times. Anyway, I was actually up at 6:10, but had to make peace between the children, get them set up with some juice and sustenance and then head out. There's not much to report except that my lung capacity was better and I shaved off about 2:40 from my previous time and finished today in 26:45 on my 3.3 mile course. Still not my fastest but closer and an improvement even if it was a bit painful. Oxygen is very important for running, amazingly, and I had some more today so I feel good about my plan of action over the next week-and-a-half and will hopefully be at some semblance of full-strength come the CCMR -- at least 80%. It was nice to run at 7:15, I can't get too used to that.

No comments: