Monday, October 20, 2008

Slacking

Only managed one 2 mile run last week and didn't even post. Ran 2 this morning. Work and late night Sox games took their toll last week. Unfortunately, that excuse ended last night. I've been so caught up in work that I hadn't realized this Sunday is my local 5K (CCM for you all). I would have tried a little harder last week to get out. Alas that ship has sailed and all I can do is maintain this week.

The good news is that, 10 weeks in, no nagging injuries to report. The only thing that has surprised me is the lack of lung capacity. Seems when I'm trying to run hard, its a lack of oxygen that is holding me back rather than muscle fatigue or being winded. I have to focus on breathing deeply...and it seems to be a struggle. It feels as if I can't expand the lungs that final 10-15%. Never experienced that before.

1 comment:

Agricola said...

THe respiration muscles of your upper chest and back will come back into shape -- they're probably underused at this point.

Also, don't underestimate the fact that you might have some allergies or a low level cold -- it's pretty prevalent right now.