Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Pushing Up

So, I haven't run since Sunday. I'm being a bit lazy, battling the morning darkness and generally just lounging around right now. I did take the opportunity today, however, to do my push-up test for the 100 Push-ups Challenge. I did 14 of them -- not great but not bad, so that will be my baseline. Friday I'll start the regimen. I'll run tomorrow -- I'm feeling the itch.

Here's info on the Jolly Jaunt that I mentioned in a comment yesterday, if anybody is interested. It takes place Saturday 6 December, 2008 at Boston Common. The distance is 5K and it benefits Special Olympics. It might be a good thing to shoot for, keep us training through the fall. I'm going to sign up. From the look of the picture on their site it's not going to be a PR 5K -- it's pretty crowded.

Finally, I have set a new goal for myself for 2009, but I'm going to try implement/finish it this year. While writing yesterday's post I realized that I've competed in at least one event each month since May of this year: Vermont City Marathon (26.2 miles May), Squirrel Run & Boston Chase Corporate Challenge (5 miles & 3 miles respectively, June), Hometown 4th of July RR ( 5K July), Falmouth RR ( 7 miles, Aug.), Hale Triathlon (Sept.), Cape Cod Marathon Relay (6 miles, Oct.). So, I'll do the Jolly Jaunt in December, and hopefully a Turkey Trot in November. Not bad, and many of these races could easily become events on my calendar so that makes it easier to run and plan.

3 comments:

Bennu Runner said...

I'll have to pass on the Jolly Jaunt. I'm travelling the week before. Six day trip, two nights hotel, four nights redeye. Me thinks I'll be a bit weary. Hopefully we can catch up on a weekend for a run in November.

VT Runner said...

Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving morning is an option. It's in Hingham.

Bennu Runner said...

Tempting. However, I'm leaving the Saturday after Turkey Day for my trip. I'll probably stay home with the fam. My next race will probably be something in January.