Friday, October 3, 2008

Run 35

Ran the ususal 5k route in 33:06 last night. Weird night. It was the coolest evening so far this year, and it was late (I didn't get out until 8:10pm) and it was the big debate night, so maybe these factors conspired to keep my fellow runners at home. The Park was empty. I encountered only four runners on the whole loop, which was slightly unsettling, especially around the Resevoir. I had my antannae up more so than usual. I think my four fellow runners felt similarly, because I exchanged nods and waves with each one of them, and that is better than usual NYC running etiquette, in my experience. I think we were all comforted by each other's appearance.

Everyone who stayed in missed a beautiful night for running. Cool, breezy, and clear. I picked up the pace a bit in the second half, inspired by the downtown skyline that comes into view as you round the top of the Resevoir track. I've mentioned the view from there before. It's become my favorite in the City.

Only 3 1/2 weeks until CCM weekend. Thinking about making slight improvements in speed, experiementing with stride, etc. Trying to have fun. Looking forward to running with all of you.

2 comments:

Agricola said...

The CCM-Relay fast approaches!

I like that you've got a favorite view of the city that derives from running, I think that's cool.

VT Runner said...

I agree with Agricola. Love the run-inspired view. How long had you lived in the city before you discovered it?

Slow and steady as the race approaches. Have confidence in your approach so far. It will pay dividends at the CCM. Don't go and push it now and risk injury. Sounds a little wussy, I know, but I have selfish motives. Need you at that race, man, for the support. I'm also going to love hearing how you blew away your expectations.

Later.