Sunday, October 19, 2008

WIndy Sunday

Well, at least on thing that I said I wanted to do, I did: 10 K on Sunday. IT was windy and cool and a gorgeous fall day in that unsettled, variable weather way that only come in the fall. The sky was overcast, and sometimes hazy with an interesting, cold light and at times the sky was blue. The foliage is beautiful. I covered the distance in 48:06 and I felt good. I started reeling a guy in about four miles out and caught him around mile five out -- he'd been about a quarter to half mile ahead of me and just as I pulled up to him he started his homestretch kick. I was avoiding passing him outright because I wasn't sure how much I had in the tank and still had three hills to go. He out-kicked me but stopped at his house right at the base of my penultimate and largest hill. I told him "good run" and he said "Thanks buddy" and I think he said something else about next time we'll go together . . . I wasn't sure but it was a good running moment. Thia was one of those runs where I am so happy that I went and I feel great. I'm psyched, I feel fairly ready and I'm looking forward to next weekend, it should be a blast.

No comments: