Thursday, February 26, 2009

Run 11

So I got out tonight around 6:25 and pointed myself east on 110th Street. I ran the length of Central Park North, a slight downhill the whole way so I was feeling like an animal when I rounded the corner to head downtown on Fifth and hit the slight but relentlessly steady uphill climb all the way to 90th Street. Murder. I joined the ReseRvoir loop there and turned against traffic, rounded the bottom and was heading back uptown on the West side when I looked at my watch. Only 21 minutes had elapsed since leaving the apartment. Only 21 minutes. I thought I was gonna die.

I arrived back at the apartment about 12 minutes later after a short breather and light jog the remaining distance. Its time for me to get my HR monitor fixed and start wearing the strap again. I need the biofeedback to help me set a sustainable pace.

1 comment:

VT Runner said...

I enjoyed this post, especially the interjections, "Murder.," "Only 21 minutes. I thought I was going to die."

You captured something there that we all feel out on the roads. It's at those moments when we can pack it in or keep on trucking. It's amazing how the simple act of putting one foot in front of the other can be so difficult on the mind at times.

Thanks.