Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Run #5

Ran 3 yesterday morning. Still a little sore from Sunday's race. Intended to run 4.5 route, but decided to cut off and run 3 due to shins. Ran the same pace as the race on Sunday. I'm starting to think I may be turning into a mental midget on race days. I use to be a "racer" and relay anchor in H.S. Someone who wasn't always the fastest, but "raced" better than most. So I'm a little perplexed as to what my problem is. I'm also getting more frustrated with the injuries. I can deal with shin splints, and hopefully that's all it is. However, it seems like its always the left shin/ankle/foot that gives me problems. Getting closer to making that doctors appointment.

1 comment:

Agricola said...

You know, I was thinking about this post on my run today. When I started running again after being really bad about it for months on end, and right around the time this blog started, I basically ran the same 3.3 mile loop for 3 months until I got my confidence, my wind, my leg strength and my base back. I did like 9.9-13.2 miles/wk for weeks and then picked it up to train for Falmouth, and took it from there. FA ran the same 5K route for weeks too when he started. Perhaps, something to think about