Saturday, February 21, 2009

Run 9

Gents! Got out for about 38 minutes today on my old standby, the resevoir loop. It took 38 minutes because I walked for about 1/4 of the route. I feel like I need to get my lungs back, and it was cold, which didn't help. But it's a beautful mid-winter morning in NYC, and it was a pleasure to be up and about.

The FreeArtists' late Winter and early Spring weekends are filling up. For running events, I am looking at a another 4-miler in March (this one's for colon cancer. Sheesh.) and a 10k in May. Need to think about that some more. Will advise.

4 comments:

Steve DiMattia said...

I just registered for a 8000m (4.9miles) race on Mar 14. Three weeks from now. Hoo-ah.

VT Runner said...

Hey man, you sound great. Three races lined up. Not too shabby.

Agricola said...

Way to go. It's hard to breathe in the cold. I always wanted to run that 8K. Good luck

Steve DiMattia said...

I'm actually running the 8k instead of the 4-miler, which is the following weekend. (Mrs. FA is running the 4-miler with a friend, and if I run the 8k then we don't need a babysitter...)

I had a fantastic meal last night at the home of a frenchman (though I think his American wife did the cooking). There were a great many bottles of wine. I may try to get out again today to overcome my unyielding lethargy.