Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Ran An Errand

I headed out today around 5:15 PM. A bit late but I wanted to get the run in, and I had a craving for crusty bread with our pasta so I ran to Trader Joe's about 2 miles away with a little bag over my shoulder to buy a loaf of bread. I dashed into the store, grabbed a baguette, tossed it in the bag and headed home. I literally ran an errand.

Since today is Ash Wednesday and we're now in Lent I was observing the stricture, and will continue to do so for the next 39 days, of fasting between meals. I actually bonked on my run a bit. I was shaky and hungry over the last half. I'm not a huge snacker but I do graze throughout the day to keep some calories coming in and it's amazing what a difference they make and how different I felt without them. I was ravenous at dinner.

Final thing, I got this link over Twitter to this article "Why runners usually make great employees." Great article, and very true, I think.

3 comments:

Steve DiMattia said...

Way to go with the errand. Mrs. FA calls this incidental exercise, the kind of exercise you get doing something you had to do anyway, just doing it differently. And thanks for the link.

Interesting, too, the new features below the post. Did you add these, or did blogspot?

Agricola said...

Yes, I added those features. I finally re-explored my feedburner acct and added some FeedFlare as they are called. Just an experiment, I don't expect much out of it at this point, but who knows. I actually want to add delicious too, and meant to.

What do you think about it? Just playing wth the potentialities of social media (is potentialities even a word? it should be!)

And, you know, the whole incidental exercise bit is fun -- it shook up the run a bit and made it a bit different.

VT Runner said...

I think it's great that you ran for a baguette in particular. Had it been for a jar of peanut butter, the image wouldn't have been quite as cool. The image of running with a baguette under the arm feels like it should be part of some add campaign for running gear.