Thursday, February 5, 2009

C-c-cold

I got out at lunch today for 5 miles, the first 2.5 of which was into a brisk wind. Chilly. Luckily, with the turnaround I had the wind at my back for the whole return. It's amazing how much wind can effect the perception of temp. It felt downright balmy on the run home.

Anyway, I was pumped with the run. It felt great to conquer the impulse to skip it because of the cold, and it felt even better to be on the VCM training program. It might have helped that I talked to the coach to get a better feel for the program. I get the sense that I'm going to learn a lot, be challenged a ton (she mentioned at various times during a 10 minute conversation, running until I puke, running until drool is pouring out of my mouth, running at a pace that I can't speak, and various other wonderful images of my future). But today rather than be annoyed/intimidated/freaked, I was psyched to have the opportunity to be pushed by a pro.

I know the downers will come, but today was a solid, solid run.

1 comment:

Agricola said...

Mmmm-hmmm. That sounds like lots of fun, training with a coach. where can I sign up . . .

Vaya con Dios, amigo.

;-)