Thursday, February 19, 2009

Alive, P90X, A Couple of Florida Runs, Life Run

Hello, all,

I am not dead, but I have taken a hiatus from running to work on P90X for a second time. I am beginning the fifth week of the training program and I feel great. Just a variety of workouts that I have stated before and I did not want to bore you. I am working out with a buddy here which has helped the motivation immensely and we are watching what we eat most of the time. Great to have a training partner and someone to keep you honest. I will post photos in the coming weeks, but I am not quite ready yet.

I did get out on a couple of runs on Tuesday night and Wednesday morning for 30 minutes each. Both were along Ft. Lauderdale beach and they were beautiful and windy. It also got me thinking about writing something profound so I thought I would try my hand at Haiku. After doing some research, the more accepted way to write English Haiku these days is 3 - 2 -3, but 7-5-7 is also acceptable. Anyways here goes.

Toes on sand
waves rush
feet wet - great.

I lean left
wind blows
Lean left more.

Finally, I wanted to mention something I did on my 38th birthday a couple of months ago. I decided that day, and every birthday after it, i would complete a life run. One minute of running for every year I am able to celebrate. In deciding this I felt that I have the ability to get out and run whenever I really want. There are so many others that do not have the luxury in time or physical ability to actually go out and do this. I think it is a simple way of appreciating the fact that I am alive and possess an amazing tool - our bodies that allow us to do everything we do in our lives.

Peace.

1 comment:

Agricola said...

Thanks for that post! I love the life run idea. I'm in. Nice haiku too, that's first on the blog and am glad to see that you added it as a tag. Three-2-3 is ery new to me. I learned Haiku as 7-5-7. Can we do either on the blog? I might have to start doing some! Haha. great post!