Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Dropping Temps

I got out towards sunset today and had a nice run. The scheduled called for 5, so I did it I think -- I had no watch on and have no idea how long I was out nor how far it really is though it felt close to five. I felt pretty good through the first half and little tired on the second half. The footing was crummy again -- we had more snow yesterday -- so much energy was wasted in slips and slides. Today was a cold day and it was amazing how quickly and how much colder it got as the sun set. It seems silly to say it out loud, ("Yes, Agricola, when the sun sets it gets colder . . .") but the temp drop was dramatic and rapid. The cold felt like a face-slap today and sort of stung. I also didn't have my wind-undies on today, and though not windy I've still got some residual twinge in the unit which got a little chillier than I like it to. I'm racking up some toughness points though, so that's good, I guess.

3 comments:

Bennu Runner said...

Out of curiosity, what happens when fart(lek) in your wind-undies?

Agricola said...

highly breathable out the back . . . just the front is cocoon-like!

VT Runner said...

Oh man, there's more material there, but I just can't come up with it.

"wind-undies" -- that's right up there with fartlek for getting the Beavis and Butthead chuckle.