Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Run 10

Gents, great run tonight. On a whim I left the reservoir track on the East side, and headed uptown on the Park Road to the 102 transverse and came across, cutting along a foot path to return to CPW. So it was slightly longer than my usual 5k Reservoir loop, and I ended the run at the top of a new hill, breathing heavy and wobbly. Light jog home. Feeling pretty good right now. Eating quiche. Aiming to get nine runs in before the 8k on Mar 14, with a little cycling if I can help it. I've finally had it with winter in NYC!

An observation on luggies. I've always wondered why runners spit. Aside from having a distaste for swallowing luggies, which has never bothered me, overly, I observed this evening that spitting on an exhale is easier than holding one's breath for the moment required to swallow. Who knew?

Peace, fellas.

3 comments:

Agricola said...

Spit away, spit away!

For whatever reason the body produces excess saliva when working out -- at least mine does. I'm a spitter. And I spit more when eating shot blocks and drinking electrolyte stuff.

nice to see the goal set! nice that you shook up your route -- that can help motivation.

I too grow weary of winter!

Steve DiMattia said...

Thanks. Yeah, you know the resevoir holds no interest for me anymore. I was bored, and therefore wanted to stop running. As soon as I veered from the ususal thing, I was much more motivated to run.

Steve DiMattia said...

I just noticed that I've been spelling RESERVOIR incorrectly, in every post about about a reservoir run so far. Huh.