Sunday, February 22, 2009

Short

I got out today with a half in mind and I came up short. I underestimated my out because I didn't map the run prior to leaving and instead of 13.1 did 12.2847 (1:47). Oh well, for the next half, I now know where to go -- it's a decent route and if I'd pushed it .5 miles more, I would have been in the money. That said, I felt pretty good until about the last 2.25 miles when my head didn't seem entirely attached to my legs but the legs just kept going, and my head felt somewhat swimmy. I'm not feeling as chipper today as I did last week after the ten, but all in all, no complaints. It drizzled for the last five miles and I finished just as it started coming down with more intensity. Good workout, onto the new week -- I need to get more in-between runs, that will help a lot.

2 comments:

VT Runner said...

Nice job. When I read the title and the first line of the post, I figured you got in half. Man was I wrong. You killed it, even with the mapping error. Good work getting back-to-back double digit runs in over two weekends.

Agricola said...

Thanks. I've got 15 in my mind for this weekend. Probably do the same route, just a bit further, and I'll map it prior to heading out. The in-betweens are important to maintain the strength that I think you pick up from running the long ones.