Thursday, February 5, 2009

Short Run

Got in a short one today. Three and three-tenths miles. Nothing really to report. Footing was lousy again, it was pretty chilly and the sun was setting. I felt good though and was starving at dinner. My body is already reacting and that's good. I'll try to get one in tomorrow and something in this weekend, but we're heading to NH to hang with PR and his family and skiing is on the docket so we'll see what happens. This week's schedule is a bit compressed, but I'm feeling some momentum. The unit is still hurting today, I think it actually got abraded by my tights and the soreness is not in fact frost bite (THANKFULLY!). I will be monitoring the situation carefully, however so check back in for updates. Fascinating, no doubt though you'd all feel a bit bad if I did lose the thing to frost bite, admit it. I still didn't find my wind undies, but wore a pair of shorts beneath my tights and that insulated sufficiently.

For your entertainment, I've posted a pair of images taken of me in last weekend's race. I never look as good as I feel -- I'm surprised by how lumpy I look. I've got to work on that.


2 comments:

VT Runner said...

Are those CCM gloves? Nice!

Agricola said...

Nope, they are the Turkey Trot gloves! and BR got another pair for signing up early for this run. He gave them to me b/c they are too big for him. I've now got three pairs:
Mine, my buddy's who bailed on the TT, and now BR's.