Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Benefits

Forty minute run today.

Ran for a couple hundred yards with another guy, just a random runner. He's doing the Hyannis Half this weekend. I almost ran with him on his route, but I didn't have time to ascertain where he was in his run. I continued with my out and back. As I finished I saw him running by the end of my street. I got my run in before the next round of snow, which is falling now. I felt good and noticed the benefits of having gone longer on Sunday -- I love that!

2 comments:

VT Runner said...

Awesome that you're feeling results like that so soon. Nice.

Agricola said...

he base is there, you know? Stretching it out on Sunday just helped the shorter runs to feel less like work, helped me reconnect with the motion part of running. This winter has been so cruddy and icy that my stride felt all constricted and now that the sidewalks and roads are in better shape, I can stretch it out again and running 10 on Sunday helped that mechanics piece.