Thursday, April 26, 2007

Two-fer

It's amazing what a schedule and a goal will do for you. I'm staring at 26.2 in 4.5 weeks with a week of vacation ending the day before the race. Between now and the start of vacation, I have to run about 110 miles according to my schedule. Now that I'm on countdown, I am fully bought in to the program. I am determined to 1. relax at the beach and drink my fair share of beer on vacation, and 2. still be prepared for the marathon.

What does that mean when you work and have two kids? Today it meant doing 3.1 at lunch and 3.1 after work to get in my scheduled 6 for the day. Overall it means that I have a supportive wife who takes both kids on for extra duty while I'm out running. The spousal support merits its own post, so you'll see more on that from me later.

Later boys.

1 comment:

Agricola said...

The running double-session!

It sounds like you're in very good shape right now. That's cool.

I'm looking forward to the spousal support post. It's key to training for a marathon.