Monday, April 16, 2007

Hello, all. I join this blog as a cyclist preparing for the Montauk Century on May 20, a big ride to the tip of Long Island and the first organized athletic event I got off the couch for since being named "player with the most heart" on my grammar school JV basketball team. My family spent this past week in the Champlain Valley and amid piles of melting snow and bewteen Nor'Easters I logged several 25+ mile rides before returning to the city and the trainer in my living room, which is an enthusiasm killer. Regrettably I am pressed for time here so more stories and statistics to come from my new world of amateur cycling.

2 comments:

Agricola said...

Welcome aboard!

I'm psyched that you've joined up and are contributing to the conversation.
Good luck in your training for the Century, keep us posted to how it goes.

Maybe the blog will help you as you train in the living room, provide inspiration to keep pedaling. I'm looking forward to Central Park Ride posts.

Again, welcome aboard.

VT Runner said...

Welcome to the blog. Very excited to have another voice out there in the abyss.

I'm also looking forward to your cycling posts. As the weather gets better up here, there are quite a few of my colleagues who take to their two-wheelers for lunchtime rides. I'm sure your posts will help me get psyched to join them.