Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Damp, All Around

Before I get into the trivialities of my running post I'd like to take a moment to express my condolences to the families of the people murdered at Virginia Tech and to remember the victims -- you were in my thoughts this morning as I pounded the pavement.

Time: 27:53
Avg HR: 157
Peak HR: 176
3.3 miles
7:01 AM start
Training Effect: 4.4
Temp: 30

So, I'm sure when it's steaming hot up here in Mass. this summer I'll long for cooler temperatures, but I must say I'm looking forward to warm weather running because today was pretty nasty -- damp, gray and cold with a steady mist and a stiff breeze. All in all though, the problems were trivial and the run went off without a hitch, though it was harder than I wanted it to be.

Yesterday was sort of a dietary disaster for me -- my comments about changing my diet not-withstanding, yesterday was an anomaly -- and I think that impacted this morning because i was not running on the right fuel. Another thing that impacted getting out of the house was that I packed my gear when it was still damp from my Cape runs and when I put it on everything was cool and damp . . . I needed to go find some other gear. Stinky I can deal with, damp and cool, no thanks.

Congrats to the runners of the Boston Marathon -- who ran in sub-optimal conditions.
Welcome to FreeArtist who joins this blog as he trains for a cycling century.

No comments: