Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Running

Nice weather as I began my leisurely jog yesterday morning at 6:15. I am not a big fan of morning runs as my body is not quite awake and the body's blood is still reaching parts of my body, particularly the legs, that have lain still for close to 6 hours. 25 minute run and my HR was 160. Not bad and I felt decent. Followed the run up with a little rock climbing at 9:30 at night at the local indoor gym. Supposedly it is the third largest climbing facility in the US and my final climb was a 5.7 degree of difficulty. I covered 70 feet in about 20 minutes. Nothing like hanging off a rope suspended in mid-air.

I will see how long this will last for me, but it is a good start. I have rowed on the ergometer with my team, but only in short distances and I can't really count them as workouts over the past two weeks. They have made me realize just how out of shape I am and I am no longer the athlete I once was.

1 comment:

Agricola said...

Welcome back PhatRunner!

None of us are the athletes we once were, but that's what this is about.
I'm glad that you're back, good luck and thanks for the post. Don't let your team see you huffing & puffing on the erg -- that could be embarrassing.