Friday, April 6, 2007

Cross-training

My running has slipped this week, and I'm blaming the snow. We got a foot of the fresh stuff at our place on Wednesday night - Thursday morning, which makes it tough to motivate for running. Luckily, I was able to get in some other winter sports that I'm claiming count towards overall fitness -- and that's really the end goal, right?

Monday was hockey night. No goals, but 90 minutes of chasing the puck around is a hell of a good workout. Thursday I made an impromptu trip down the road to Stowe for a morning of riding with a few colleagues. Again, no running, but 6 runs is good for the legs.

The plan is to get a run in on Sunday. The weather's not looking good, but I posted the plan for "all" (that's you Agricola) to see, so I'll get it in.

1 comment:

Agricola said...

I see it, and it's duly noted. I'm bailing from work early today and going on a quickie.

This is definitely devolving into a dialogue. Is it lack of running or the distaste for blogging, oh absentee blog partners, that explains your absences?