Monday, April 2, 2007

New Ballgame

(title in honor of the Sox opening day)

Got a 53 minute run in yesterday, and it felt great. Probably the best I've felt since I started running again, and I think it has a lot to do with the long runs I put in last week. Before then, I had only run 25 - 30 minutes a pop, and my body stayed at a level to support that. After shocking my system a bit by breaking out of the 5K mold, my body reacted to support the longer routes. My warm up was shorter, and the run was fairly effortless.

Of course, the gorgeous spring weather also could have had a lot to do with my mindset. Whatever the reason, it felt great to be outside, and I encourage our quiet majority of non-bloggers to hit the trail... and write about it.

Go Sox!

1 comment:

Agricola said...

Loving the long run posts. they are inspiring me to go out and run long. I think you're right on in your summation of what's at work Re the long run vs. the shorter hop. It's all about breaking out of the comfort zone.

Where the hell is everybody?! It's the VT Runner/Agricola show and VTR carried the team last week.

The weather is pretty decent, you're running out of excuses.